lane journal – research update, logo ideas, and limited podcast series!

This week has been eventful! Our deadline for research was Thursday, so I spent some time finishing my final reflection for my cemetery. While I got the bulk of my research transferred into our data management sheet, I plan to spend a little time going over my work again to correct any potential grammatical errors, poor structure and etc. Additionally, I’ll be adding my citations and resources to our team’s Zotero account (I’m grateful that we’re using this tool as it will make the process of organizing our citations much easier).

Now that we have finished our research for the most part, we can focus more on visual aspects of our sites, which I am looking forward to. In the past couple days, I have played around with logo ideas keeping in mind our team’s unanimous decision on font styles and overall themes that we want our logo to convey. In previous meetings we discussed our inclination toward including intersecting lines in our overall theme due to this visual aligning with some of the topics our project explores.

Last night we recorded the first episode of our limited podcast series and it was so much fun. Asma has done an amazing job planning and executing this. I was slightly nervous prior to recording due to having never done anything like this before as well as my tendency to get all anxious and word jumbly (I don’t know if that even makes sense!) whenever I’m speaking on Zoom. But, overall it was such a cool experience, and I’m beyond excited to record the next episodes. Also, I revisited the African Burial Ground cemetery this week to capture some sounds for an upcoming podcast episode; I’m eager to see how these recordings play into the episode!